Thursday, May 6, 2010

Park Tally with Alanis

1. A woman complimented Alanis' perky walk. Alanis, remember, could teach at a charm school for learning smooth gaits.

2. A young  German Shepherd Dog on a Flexi who tried to gallumph across the wide path before his person got control of him.

3. Two elderly people followed by two Newfoundlands getting out of a van. I calculated that's at least six Airedales in poundage and a dozen in drool.

4. One beautifully liver-spotted  German Shorthair Pointer trotting along by herself, pausing, looking bewildered. I approached saying, "Are you looking for your person?" Although a dedicated fuzzy-face aficionado, I like this breed for some reason. A jogger went past behind me--past the many, many signs asking people to keep their dogs on leash--saying the dog was his. She was at least fifty feet away from  him.

5. And who was the fiercest dog of all? A two-ounce Yorkie grumbled, yapped, growled and charged. He was with two young women who tried to pick him up in a towel. (Why a towel?) He wriggled away and went on with his, "Lemme at 'em; I can take 'em." Tactfully, I did not laugh aloud.

P.S. I saw a smaller-than-adult Steller's Jay on a branch across the yard. That could be my boy from the other day.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, those smaller ankle-biting Terriers are the fiercest of all! Mom says they have must have a complex about being so small but they sure are cute!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete