Friday, December 27, 2019

Miro will be eleven



MirĂ³ was one of the Airecraft Dirty Dozen, born January 26, 2009. I brought him home to Washington from Ohio on my birthday at the end of March, giving him the registered name of Airecraft Carries Me Home. Named also for the Spanish artist Joan MirĂ³, he worked for several years as a sculptor and installation artist. Some of his arrangements from years back can be found on my blog, sherryrind.blogspot.com. During obedience classes, he figured out that he could stop the action and make people laugh by flopping onto his back and waving his forefeet in the air. Now that he suffers from arthritis, he does it only rarely. He does continue to give himself a full body massage by ramming head first between people’s legs. Lanky and somewhat tall, he’s fortunately not tall enough to cause damage in most cases.

He was a hellion in his youth, the boy on the playground who didn’t know his own strength and knocked all the other kids over like bowling pins and went on his merry way, oblivious. He has a tendency to aim pee on the back of his front foot. To work off excitement, especially when visitors arrive, he humps his bed. Laughter spurs him on. He is nearing the end of his life, and I don’t know how I’ll bear the loss even though I’ve borne many. Every day I tell him some variation of my gratitude, which extends to Dale and Kim Burrier for breeding the dog that did indeed carry me home.

4 comments:

  1. Happy 11th Birthday, Miro! You are one handsome boy and you sound like one AireCharacter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMD, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BURTHDAY MIRO!!!! I'm eleven too! I turned eleven last month, almost to the day! I gots some arthritis too, and I had major surgicals a few months back, butts I am better than evers ~ if just a little slower on my walkies. The walkin' through peeps leggies must be an Airedale thing! Ma's Angel Annie used to do it too! BOL!!
    I hopes you have the bestest Burthday evers my furiend!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Miro! We're glad to know you are still doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete