Thursday, August 29, 2013

Go potty!

Miro doesn't like to go outside by himself, even after breakfast in the morning when you'd think the need was urgent. I shove him outside and he sits there, staring in until he decides his utterly selfish and lazy mom would rather prepare her coffee than accompany him outside to praise him for doing his business.
 
I didn't mind occasionally sauntering outside during this perfect summer of fine days, mild in the morning and never scorching-hot in the afternoon, but standing on the patio while the dog sniffs around won't be so fun when it's pouring rain and I'm dressed for work.  The weather is changing now. I saw it coming last week when I took Miro for a walk at sundown. The pink and gold streaks in the sky cast a gold light over everything, from sidewalk to flowers to trees.
 
It's raining now. So, where am I going for my first real vacation in years? To an even rainier place--Dublin, home of great literature. Miro will stay home with my son to look after him. Like a little kid at camp, he'll go two weeks without brushing his teeth or trimming his nails or brushing his hair--a happy slob.



6 comments:

  1. What a lovely trip that will be! Please take plenty of photos to share with us when you get back...Can't wait to hear and see it all.

    Have a grand time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our mom always go outside with us because we don't go off-leash. You need to re-train your mom, Miro!
    We hope you have a wonderful time in Dublin, Miss Sherry, and we hope that you have a great time at camp, Miro!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. We say hold it in til mom comes outside, BOL
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD ~~~ I do the SAME THINGIE!!!! Okay, if I REALLY have to go, I'll run out and pee and come runnin' back to the door to see where the hell Ma is!! Butts, I prefer to have Ma right there where I can see her...it's the way it's been since I've been a wee lass...
    HOLY COW PATTIES!!! Your Moms is goin' to Ireland????? OMD, Ma is all kinds of jealous!! She's gots lots of extended family there, and has always wanted to go. You gots to gets your Moms to take TONS of pics for Ma, okays?!!
    Now, while the Moms away, Miro will play.....just sayin'!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great trip, Sherry! That last line about Miro being a happy slob made us LAUGH. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful trip. Sounds like Miro will be in good hands...boys will be boys!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete