Sunday, September 27, 2015

Glass half full or empty?

No one ever accused me of being a glass half full sort of person. But yesterday I was reminded of the classic joke about the little girl who arrives home on her birthday to see a pile of horse manure someone put on her doorstep and exclaims, "Oh, look, somebody bought me a pony!" She's the embodiment of an optimistic attitude.
Three weeks after a huge windstorm (when I really thought a neighbor's tree was going to fall on my house), I was still picking up branches from a wooded area on my property when I came across these guano-covered bushes at the foot of a tree. My first thought was, "Oh boy, birds nested up there!" Delighted, I looked up and up, but you can see why I couldn't make out any nests.

It occurred to me that there are ways and ways of being a glass half full sort of person, at least if poop is involved.

2 comments:

  1. Well, there's no doubt something's going on. I'm with you. I think you've got a little family somewhere in the penthouse of that high-rise!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, we bet there's a nest up there, even though you can't see it. And that's worth celebrating, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete