Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fashion week for chickens

Whenever I contemplate re-learning to knit, I wonder what I would do with the products of my busy hands. Nobody needs more knitted scarves. My sweaters would be full of irregular lumps and gaping holes, since I have no reason to believe my knitting skills will have improved since childhood. Now, however, there is someone who would wear what I knitted and never complain about its appearance.
Naked chickens need sweaters.

As the chickens walk around the yard in their new sweaters, they utter bewildered-sounding whines. This is normal and it's one of the things I like about chickens. I am often bewildered, too.

Here are more photos and a pattern.  Now, what's the cuteness rating?

3 comments:

  1. How clever! You wonder what happened to the chicken in the first place...can't be good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've certainly never seen a chicken in a sweater before! They sure do look happy!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, they are English chickens, so what seems eccentric behavior to us Yanks probably seems perfectly unremarkable to them.

    ReplyDelete