Saturday, August 21, 2010

A visit to grandma's house

We went to Grandma's house on Lake Washington. Alanis stayed home because she doesn't  like the water. First thing I did was check out the pee places.

Then I headed into the water.



What am I supposed to do out here? Maybe water ski?



I know! I'll visit the neighbors.



See the long line? Mom dragged me back from the neighbors' house before I could go run on their lawn.

Since Mom wouldn't go into the water with me on a leash in one hand and a camera in the other, a run on the beach will have to do.I went back up to the house--to say hi to Royce, Grandma's Great Dane.


I wanted to play but he just stood there. Mom says he's old and I should be careful around him. She says I should be more careful around her, too, because she has enough scratches and bruises to last for the next five years. If she had a thick, hard coat like mine, she wouldn't have to worry.

9 comments:

  1. Miro, we know all about older doggies that don't like to play as much as us young whipper-snappers! Penny is way to dignified to play very much!

    Tell Sherry's friend that our ramp only weighs 12.3 pounds and there is a carrying handle on the side of it. I got it at PetSmart.

    Aire-hugs,
    Penny & Patches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure you had a pawesome time there!
    The water looks so tempting!
    I hope you had some fun with Royce!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miro-
    You look like a toy poodle next to Royce! He sure is handsome and BIG!
    Looks like it was a nice day at Grandmas.

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corrr.. that water looked so tempting. Does your grandma's lawn go all the way to the water?

    Royce is one big dog! Glad you had a goodtime.

    Big Nose Pokes
    The Thugletsx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How old is Royce Miro.
    Looks like you had fun at the lake. That is one long lead.

    Noah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like Miro had a wonderful time at Grandma's house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see water and am inspired. I love water cleanly or dirtily and must swim.
    A wonderful Great Dane!
    But Great Dane cannot play with Airedale. Did you not know this? *smilie*
    We are too wild to them.

    Lots of love
    Mischka

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miro, what wonderful place you got to visit!! Your gramma's house is soooo nice, I love the water too!

    ps. Are you guys around labour day weekend? Mum and the D-Guy are going down to Seattle for that weekend, and I was thinking maybe we could go for a romp at Marymoore (only park we know..) or something? I'm also going to see a neurologist at SVS too, mum says its about my stumbling.

    Love nibbles,
    Miss Sunshade

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I LOVE Lake Washington! It looks like you had a wonderful time visiting your grandma. :)

    ReplyDelete