Saturday, April 2, 2011

Happy as a pig in---

With days of nonstop rain, the little dittlers seemed bored. Some mental and physical enrichment was in order.
 Birds can't go outdoors? Bring the outdoors to them.

You may know that puppies, children and other critters go through a critical period when they're highly receptive to certain kinds of learning. For instance, puppies who aren't socialized to other animals and situations never truly make up for the lack of early experience. So why not chickens? With Maewest and Bazooka showing signs of being ready for adventure--hopping onto my hands instead of running away shrieking--I figured it's the critical time for developing their teeny, tiny minds. Every youngster likes a pile of dirt!

3 comments:

  1. Those are some adorable little chicks! Thanks for stopping by "our house" today - we're glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to have a couple of baby ducks and we were away so much at the time period we never really got to bond with them. It is something I have deeply regretted. I have just taught my male duck to eat out of my hand, and he is almost 10 years old!! lol So I imagine that chicks would be the same way.

    Thanks for your comment on our blog, and we agree we you.

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How compassionate and sensitive you are to those lucky birds! I think you did a wonderful thing by adding some stimulation to their lives after such a rainy week!

    ReplyDelete