Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pastoral

A leisurely walk on a perfect spring evening when the air is still and perfumed with blossoms before they've released the pollen that makes me sneeze. Lilacs, apple trees, rhododendrons, azaleas all in bloom. The dog stops and sniffs; I wait patiently. Onward we stroll, enjoying the peace.

He barfs in a driveway. While I'm fumbling with a handful of bags (eeewww, I'd rather pick up a nice, solid poop) and pulling Miro away from the pile, a cat saunters into the road as a car approaches. The cat ignores the car, which slows. Miro's head lifts; he freezes, watching the cat. The car finally has room to pass, leaving the cat on the other side of the street. Dog and cat stare at each other. I really need to clean up this pile of barf before the homeowner sees us and complains. Cat arches and hisses. Dog dances and bucks. Plastic bags in one hand, leash in the other, I'm trying to haul Miro away without him slithering out of his halti collar.

Three bags later--do you know how hard it is to clean up a pile of barf with plastic bags and no water?--we're marching toward home, Miro glancing back at the cat who still watches us like the  sheriff running the hero out of town.


Easy come, easy go, pardner.

4 comments:

  1. We're sorry that you got sick and barfed, Miro! We hope your tummy is all better now!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that was almost as bad as when I took Ma down in the pile of poopies!!! Oh, fun times....
    Yeah, barf is almost as tough as diarrhea...butts trust me diarrhea is TONS worse!!! BOL Ask me how I know...
    And, why, oh why, do the other loose critters and animals ALWAYS seem to sense that there is a 'problem' and always have to add to it?? I'm glad you got it cleaned up before Miro took YOU down! BOL
    I hopes he's feelin' betters, too! Poor dude.
    Send him my bestest.
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ick. Yeah, barf is NOT fun to clean up. And with a wriggling dog on the end of a leash... whoa.

    ReplyDelete